Refund Policy for Research Center and Daily Commentary
Subscription to the Hightower Report Research Center is a recurring fee on a month-to-month, biannaul, or annual billing cycle charged automatically to a subscriber's credit card as submitted. Once the subscriber's credit card has been charged for the billing period at the initial sign-up, no refunds are given unless the charge was made in error. Cancellation of the service must be made prior to the next billing period. Subscribers can phone The Hightower Report directly or they can send an email notice to cancel their service. However, an e-mail notification of cancellation is only valid if the subscriber gets a confirmation of the cancellation of service from the Hightower Report.
Refund Policy for the Hightower Report Weekly Newsletter
Once the subscriber's credit card has been charged for the billing period at the initial sign-up, no refunds are given unless the charge was made in error. Cancellation of the service must be made prior to the next billing period. Subscribers can cancel their renewal online on the Account Maintenance of the website, phone The Hightower Report directly, or email notice to cancel their service to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, an e-mail notification of cancellation is only valid if the subscriber gets a confirmation of the cancellation of service from the Hightower Report.
Refund Policy for the Trading Guide
All sales are final.
Last Updated: March 2017
2. Scope of Policy
3. What Information The Hightower Report Collects and Uses
- Personal contact information, such as name, address, email address, telephone number, company name, fax number and other basic contact information ('Registration Information'); billing information which includes your credit card number, expiration date and billing address ('Order Information');
- General statistical and tracking information, such as the date and time a client accesses his or her product and the time spent using it;
- Information in The Hightower Report server logs from your browser, including your IP address (the Internet address of your PC), your computer's name, the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses and other generally-accepted log information, page views (hit counts) and other general statistical and tracking information;
- Information about your sessions and your use of certain third party products that utilize components of Hightower Report software.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default, though you can manually disable the cookies feature of your browser. You should review the online documentation of your browser or consult with the provider of your browser for instructions on how to disable cookies. Please note that if you disable cookies on your computer, some parts of the Websites may not function properly.
4. What The Hightower Report Does with Information
The Hightower Report Collects and Uses There are some limited circumstances in which The Hightower Report may disclose personally identifiable information about a user without express consent, including, but not limited to, the circumstances set forth below:
- Non-Affiliated Third Party Brokers: The Hightower Report may contract from time to time with one or more non-affiliated brokers ('Independent Brokers') to share information regarding users of The Hightower Report Websites with the expectation that Independent Brokers will contact such users to offer and promote their brokerage services. Unless you 'opt out' as described in Section 5 below, The Hightower Report may share your Registration Information with such Independent Brokers from time to time or on an ongoing basis. Although The Hightower Report hopes that users of our Websites will find such information useful, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any material provided or furnished by such Independent Brokers. The Hightower Report will not share customer's information with said brokers.
- Hightower Report Website Vendors: The Hightower Report may employ other companies to perform functions on The Hightower Report's behalf, such as fulfilling orders, providing customer service, sending print and electronic mail, processing credit card payments, or other functions necessary to conduct The Hightower Report's business. In order to allow these companies to perform their obligations, The Hightower Report may need to share your personally identifiable information with them. However, The Hightower Report will provide these companies with only that information necessary to perform their functions on our behalf, and The Hightower Report will not allow them to use your personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
- Protection of Rights: The Hightower Report may reveal your personally identifiable information to attorneys, private investigator organizations or law enforcement agencies if The Hightower Report believes that you have harmed or interfered with (or will imminently harm or interfere) other Hightower Report users or anyone else or infringing (either intentionally or unintentionally) any of The Hightower Report's legal rights, or harming the legal rights, property, or health or safety of any other person.
- Required by Law: The Hightower Report will reveal your personally identifiable information, to the extent The Hightower Report reasonably believes The Hightower Report is required to do so by law. If The Hightower Report receives legal process calling for the disclosure of any of your personally identifiable information we will attempt to notify you via the email address you supplied during registration within a reasonable amount of time before we respond to the request, unless such notification is not permitted.
- Asset Transfers: The Hightower Report shall be entitled to transfer to a third party information it maintains, including any personally identifiable information, in connection with a transaction or proceeding involving a transfer of some or all of the assets relating to the Websites or a business in connection with which such information is maintained.
5. Changing or Removing Personal Information; Opting Out
6. Notification of Changes
7. Contact Us
The Hightower Report
141 West Jackson
Chicago, IL 60604
Effective Date: September 1, 2006